Friday, January 14, 2011

Episode 42 - I hate Berlin.

On what can only be described as a "TERRIBLE DAY" I somehow managed to drag myself into the studio to expose the agony and the ecstasy (my words) of my life. Begin with the epic and cathartic 'Notorious Lightning', which drags my carcass across a full 6 years of doubtful existence. Follow that with the death-knell of Chet, a Taiwanese pressing of The Guess Who found while wandering the hot city of depression, Colin Blunstone's ethereal "Misty Roses", a rare Mutantes track that couldn't even get me the love I need and finish it all off with a side-long High Places 'bleak drone' iced with the elusive hope singing of Mary Pearson.

A Complete Abridged Record Collection, Episode 42



High Places - split w/ Soft Circle
Gilberto Gil and Rita Lee - Refestanca
Lilith Velkor - s/t
Niel Young and the Shocking Pink - Everybody's Rocking
Colin Blunstone - One Year
The Guess Who - So Long, Bannatyne
Chet - Chelsea Silver, Please Come Home
Destroyer - Notorious Lightning and Other Works

No comments: