Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Episode 54 - Sea World Fire Works Show

The last song of this episode pretty much sums up the whole reason I started this project. Strong White Male comes off a Mecca Normal LP that I bought in the discount bin from Amoeba about 6 months ago. Buried in other records that I got on that trip, I probably didn't listen to it very closely until now. Since recording this episode last week, I've nearly worn song off the disc. Enjoy.

A Complete Abridged Record Collection, Episode 54




Mecca Normal - Jarred Up
ok vancouver ok - i get so drunk about song about love
Red Eye - Red Eye
Owen Pallet - Heartland
Daniel Fred and Julie S/T
Goodnight Vienna - David Barclay
Georgie Fame - s/t David Barclay
Steely Dan - Aja
Roberta Flack - First Take
Garnet Mimms - I'll take good care of you
Cymande - Zion I

1 comment:

shivaun said...

i love that mecca normal song (i think i have it on a 7" instead though). i was very moved by that show they played in sd (that you booked, i'm sure), now i have way too many of their records and never listen to them.