Monday, November 28, 2011

Episode 62 - Don't Touch My Bikini




Even I'll admit that the music in this episode is wall to wall rock solid. I brought my own record cartridges so that I wouldn't have to deal with the stations miserably damaged ones. I bought some snacks before the show, which always makes for a more relaxed and phlegmy. I had some excellent songs to just sit back and blast to myself. Quite a few memories were skirted over - I could probably fill an hour just talking about Kevin Greenspon or Apollo Ghosts alone, not mention such seminal groups as Key Losers and Halo Benders. All in all, a great episode.


A Complete Abridged Record Collection, Episode 62



Irving Taylor - Garbage Collector in Beverley Hills
Les Kanto - Serais-tu un de mes amis
Nada - Tes Yeux La Felicite
Solomon Burke - Greatest Hits
Cris Williamson - The Changer and the Changed
Cole Moldy Milner - Best Friends Forever
Kevin Greenspon - Family Time Compilation
California Lite - Key Losers
Harry Partch & Cage - Music of...
Halo Benders - Don't tell me now
Black Out Beach - Skin of Evil
Sebastien Tellier - Sexuality
Sean Nicholas Savage - Mutual Feeling of Respect and Admiration
Apollo Ghosts - CiTR Pop Alliance Vol 2
Los Yetis - Historia
The Chiffons - Everything you always wanted to hear...

3 comments:

Duncan said...

"Glorified East Van gentrification project."

Hahaha. What a great day that was.

David Readshaw Barclay said...

I'm glad we peaked out on the last true 'youth' Christmas hang out.

It'll be only adult ones from now on.

Kevin said...

gonna listen